30 December 2008

A Moving Story

A few months ago my neighbours across the street moved away and a young couple moved in to their old house.

The young couple seemed happy with their dog, garage full of petrol powered boy toys (road bike, trail bike, jet ski), and his Subaru Impenis with the obligatory super huge exhaust pipe...

After a couple of months a For Sale sign appeared, the next day a van came to pick up some furniture and the boy toys, and the couple were not seen again.

The swiftness of the move pricked my interest and when my next door neighbours paid us a visit recently I asked the husband if he had any news on what had happened.

"Oh Charlie across the road? He got caught shagging someone at his work. Jacked his job in and moved back home..."

When the neighbours had left I told Mrs TK that I knew what had happened to the couple across the road.

"So do I", said Mrs TK, "Mrs Neighbours Wife told me that the guy was having an affair"

What's in a phrase eh?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find the phrase often changes whether it is a man or a woman who is recounting the circumstances.

Anonymous said...

Having thought about this it would probably be interesting to find out the participants' in the hanky panky's views.

The woman at Charlie's work probably thought she was having an affair whilst Charlie........

the tomahawk kid said...

You know what Rab?

I think you may well be right...

Anonymous said...

The Daily Record meanwhile would describe them as 'love rats' or having 'clandestine romps' (see my posting today)