8 November 2007

On The Buses

Today I are mostly be travellin' by bus...

Yes, the KidMobile broke down again yesterday. Two months after it had been in the garage to get its gearbox fixed the gear linkage snapped and left me unable to go anywhere. Luckily this happened when I was trying to reverse into a parking space on a quiet street. The thought that it could just have easily have happened in the middle of a traffic jam in Aberdeen's rush hour makes my bowels feel a bit watery...

So today I am travelling into town on a double decker which is absolutely jammed to capacity. There is no getting away from the fact the travelling amongst a whole heap of people, crammed in like the beasts that come past in the animal transporters, is a far from pleasant experience : the lack of room, the damp sweaty heat that hangs like a low lying fog, and worst of all the collective body odours of the herd...not pleasant, not pleasant at all!

Safe to say I cannot wait to get the car back. There are a lot of compelling arguments for using public transport more, and my workplace is set to do its bit to encourage us to do this by introducing parking charges etc, but the basic fact is that most people (those with a keen sense of smell especially) do not like travelling like cattle and if they can avoid doing so they will. This is probably not good news for our children's children's children but there it is.

In related news I also have to work out how to get from work to home to Pittodrie tonight for the footie...

Happy Days!

No comments: