25 May 2007

Kneerly Better

Went to see the doc last night to get the post-op word on my knee. Showed me lots of interesting pictures of the inside of my knee joint and the torn section of cartilage that had to be removed. Apart from the cartilage I apparently have signs of wear on the underside of my kneecap but all else seems ok.

Anyhoo, it all seems to be healing according to plan so I just have to keep doing my exercises and I should be fully recovered in 12 top 16 weeks.

The good news is that according to the doctor he sees no reason for me to give up playing football. Hooray! Apparently I just need to "listen" to my knee and I will soon know if I am overworking it.

1 comment:

Groanin' Jock said...

It'll be quite difficult to hear your knee above the general girning, moaning, whining and gloating from the bunch of cloggers you play with....