15 August 2007

That's A Lotto Money

Brilliant quote in The Scotsman today in the story about an East Kilbride woman who has scooped the £35.4 million in the Euromillions lottery to become the UK's biggest National Lottery winner.

The lady in question works in the Admin department at the Royal Mail sorting office in Springburn, Glasgow.

This quote is from one of her co-workers:

"As far as we know she bought the winning ticket after leaving work on Friday night. The win couldn't have happened to a nicer person - she's the life and soul of the admin department in the sorting office.

Camelot sent a car to pick her up once she had made the call to them, and not long after the news spread that she had won.

Nobody knows what she will do yet with her winnings, but she'll be sadly missed if she decides not to come back to work."

Hmmm, difficult choice...

35 million quid in your hip pocket. Do you buy a big house somewhere in exotic climes and spend all day lying about being fed chocolate covered strawberries by the scantily clad sex objects of your choice or continue to wallow in the mindless drudgery of the 9-5 life...

Tough call.

3 comments:

Groanin' Jock said...

I'm adamant that, if my numbers ever come up (unlikely, as I don't buy a ticket), my first response would be to tell my employer where to stick their job and the four-week notice period that goes with it. I just can't understand those people who say "Yes, I've won £17 million on the lottery, but I just couldn't give up my job in the fish factory, I love it so much"

Unknown said...

I am self employed so I'd have to try to stick my job up my own jacksy!

I'd actually keep the business on and continue coming in every day.

Aye

Right.

the tomahawk kid said...

Those hamsters are going to scratch a bit big fella...