26 October 2007

A Fine Piece

A Fine Piece

Nipping out for a quick stroll at lunchtime the other day I was tempted in to the rather scrummy wee bakers that is just a few yards away from my new office.

My purchase was delayed for a few precious moments by the comedy scene of a young student asking if she could pay for her purchases with a credit card. 

The lady behind the counter pointed out fairly forcibly and with a sizeable measure of irritation that the shop did not accept credit cards as they were too busy to process them.  This led the hungry young student to leave her intended purchase on the counter and walk out. 

I guess she was hurrying off to find somewhere else where she could use Mastercard to pay for her solitary packet of cheese and onion crisps...

When it was my turn to be served I asked the lady what the tray bake with the white chocolate on top was. 

This innocent enquiry provoked the following classic dialogue:

Lady # 1 : "I dinna ken son.  Hey Aggie, fit dae ye cry yon tray bake wi the white choaklit oanra top?"

Lady #2 : "I cry that a white choaklity, fudgey thing..."

Lady #1 : "It's a white choaklity, fudgey thing son"

Me : "I'll take one thanks"


I'm still no wiser as to what it actually was (apart from being a white choaklity, fudgey thing of course) but it was good...




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aye. do you remember when it used to annoy you being called 'son'?

the tomahawk kid said...

My brain cells are so old and decrepit now that I struggle to remember to put my pants on of a morning...

Unknown said...

This may assist you.

http://bigrab.vox.com/library/post/cut-out-and-keep-guide-for-the-over-45s.html