26 September 2008

Two Words

I overheard a new student the other day telling his friends that he had just heard the most exciting two words he had heard in his life.

This set me to wondering about the power of two words spoken in conjunction.  To be able to bring such joy to a person so quickly is a magical thing.

I randomly thought of some great two word combinations:
  • "Love you"
  • "Chocolate coated"
  • "I'm pregnant" 
  • "Dumbarton promoted"  (for the Sons fans out there)
  • "Jimi Hendrix"
My thoughts then strayed to combinations that brought anything but joy:
  • "Rock Opera"
  • "Skimmed milk"
  • "I'm pregnant"
  • "Dumbarton nil"
  • "James Blunt"

The words that were bringing joy to the student...

"Free Pizza"

What are your favourite or least favourite two word combinations?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Palin assassinated has a certain ring to it.........

the tomahawk kid said...

What the feck have you got against poor Michael?

Mike Smith said...

Two words that can have both positive and negative meanings:

'Tea's oot'

Brilliant blog btw.

Groanin' Jock said...

"Champions Celtic" just sounds wrong.

the tomahawk kid said...

Mike - brilliant, glad you like the blog - must get my arse in gear to post more regularly

Jock - I can see why a good proportion of the scottish population would think that. Montrose nil sounds good though.