2 July 2007

Terror Threat - Critical

Can't ignore the happenings at Glasgow Airport over the weekend. I am sure that most of the Scottish population shared the same feelings of shock and horror that I felt watching the images of the burning jeep in the airport entrance way.

Today's revelations that one of the men in the car was working as a doctor at a Paisley hospital is even more confusing/disappointing. I would have hoped that anyone clever enough to become a medic would have had enough intelligence not to get suckered in by all of this religious extremism crap.

This attack, coupled with the failed car bombs in London, are really making me look forward to my business trip to the capital on Wednesday (the 4th of July no less)! I have got enough to worry about getting up at 4am not to return home until after 10pm, without having to worry about some misguided fool jumping on my tube train with a rucksack full of tin tacks and semtex.

The thing is that you can't let these sick bastards win. We have to carry on as normally as possible. I'll be making the trip, but I will be bricking it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I lived in London when the IRA were at the height of their powers. These bastards make the IRA seem like a boy scout group.
Twisted and evil the IRA may have been but they had at least a rational, political demand. In the end they bombed their way to the negotiating table and in to government. What are we to make of Al Quaeda and their various offshoots? Their only end game seems to be to kill infidels and themselves in the process. It kind of makes any deterrent a bit superflous doesn't it?

Have a good trip. You'll be fine.

Groanin' Jock said...

Don't be afraid, then the bastards have won. We should by all means be angry at the attacks, but if we show that we're afraid, then that is a small victory for the extremists. By showing that life goes on despite their attacks, we prove that their campaign of terror is essentially futile.