12 September 2007

The Pecking Order

Only a week and half left at my current employer so I am currently in "knowledge transfer" mode - tell a bunch of people a bunch of stuff that you know that they are not going to remember and then walk off into the sunset.

My decision to leave for pastures new was completely vindicated today when I was witness to the following telephone exchange between my line manager and his boss :

(5 minutes into conference call)

MLM : Yes, and we really need to agree how to move forward on this key issue. What do you think about...
HB : Sorry, we are going to have to talk about this some other time. I have to feed the goat.

"Feed the goat" isn't a euphemism by the way, he really was going to feed his goat.

If MLM is further down the pecking order than a pet goat, where the fuck does that leave me?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you have his number? I may be able to do him a deal on the food!

MrsL said...

Hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Okay, so not an intelligent comment. But it did make me laugh, a lot.

the tomahawk kid said...

Rab : no I don't have his number. I have no interest in phoning anyone who keeps goats.

MrsL : glad to have brightened up your day

Unknown said...

Just in case he phones you again, it's £10.99 for a 20kg bag!
Just casually drop it in to the conversation.